Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Indigo Going Commercial

So...the word is out. Indigo is transitioning into commercial software but will maintain a free version with some limitations (resolution, watermark). There have been mixed reactions to the move, but it seems that most users understand and accept the fact that Indigo probably could not stay free forever. I myself was a bit surprised at the move, not that I didn't think it would ever happen, but I didn't think it would happen now. No real advance notice was given to anyone except the beta testers who found out only a few days before the public announcement.

What does this mean for SkIndigo? Well, the other exporter writers and myself are currently negotiating a deal with Glare Technologies to make sure our efforts are properly compensated. I think we all want to be on this team. It is exciting to think of where we can take Indigo once we have some more committed resources. The high priorities will be better documentation and tutorials. I have a feeling that there is lots of good stuff coming down the road from the Indigo Team. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment